One of our most requested features for MP Stacks (our page building/designing plugin for WordPress) is to be able to duplicate or copy/paste “Bricks” so that all the design elements can be easily reused. Essentially, any of your existing Bricks can be used as a starting point for a new Brick and save yourself a lot of time.
For example, you might build your page header using a single “Brick” and set the background image, text colors, placements and sizes of all elements, and then want to use that same header on a different page but just change up a couple of small settings – like maybe change the header text.
It’s kind of hidden, but MP Stacks has a built-in system for copying/pasting “Bricks” so they can be re-used. It’s pretty simple to use.
- Open the Brick Editor for the Brick you wish to Copy/Duplicate
- Go to the bottom right and look for the icon of a square with an arrow and click on it.
- In the dialog that pops-up, click “Export this Brick” and a file will download.
- Open that downloaded file with a Text Editing program and copy all text in the file.
- Click “Add Brick” in the place you want the new Brick to be on your Website.
- Now in the Brick editor for your new Brick, give your new Brick a name at the top of the Brick Editor so you can identify it later.
- Next, scroll down to the bottom right again and click on the icon with the square and the arrow.
- This time, in the pop-up dialog, click “Import a Brick”.
- Paste in the code you copied in step 4 and click “Overwrite Brick”.
- That’s it! Your brick will now be duplicated and you can make any changes you wish to make this new Brick unique.
If you have any question about any of that, leave a comment or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help you out!